Selling your home is a big deal.
It’s the place where you’ve made memories, shared moments, and is also likely to be the biggest tax-free asset you’ll ever have.
So, when you start thinking about moving, it’s crucial you select the best estate agent to work with.
The decision around which agent to instruct often makes a huge difference in how your sale pans out.
But there are several things to think about BEFORE you call in the property professionals.
Based on our experience, here are five things to consider before getting estate agents around to value your property.
- Thinking of selling it yourself? A small number of people attempt to sell their homes without the use of an agent. However, you need to think very carefully about this as it can be a recipe for many headaches and missing out on getting your home’s true value.
- Is your property’s paperwork in order? Have you had new windows, an extension or a new boiler? Having all the paperwork ready will speed up the selling process.
- Sort out those little jobs. Now’s the time to do those small maintenance jobs around your home that you have let slide.
- Do you really want to sell? This may sound odd coming from an estate agency. We make our living by helping people move, but we always ask them that they’re 100% sure they really want to sell up and move on?
- Start now. If you’re sure you want to move, start decluttering and preparing now. Begin by checking off the things on this list and start researching estate agents in your area.
If you have any questions about the moving process or would like to chat about anything on this checklist, please give us a call on 01733 511225